Eight Steps to Owning Monday (by noon)
Many people dread Mondays. I don’t.
I try to own Mondays and I try to do it by noon.
A good Monday is like a birdie on hole number one; it does not guarantee a great round (or week) but it is a fantastic start that can’t be taken away from you!
Here are my thoughts:
1) Clear anything you have been dreading off your desk. Make that difficult phone Get all your poopy stuff out of the way first.
2) Return all messages. All of them.
3) Attack your “haven’t got to it yet” pile. Toss what you aren’t ever going to get to in the trash. Clear it.
4) Congratulate two co-workers or bosses on a recent success.
5) Send two co-workers or bosses who have really tough jobs a note of encouragement.
6) Make three direct contacts that could potentially produce something really good in the future.
7) Send a thank you note to a mentor.
8) At 11:59 have a long lunch. You deserve it!
You have just owned Monday and it isn’t even noon yet!
-Rev. Shane L. Bishop is the Sr. Pastor of Christ Church in Fairview Heights, Illinois.